Monday, June 13, 2011

PE1_iMovie



OK. So there are essentially 9 sections to the Lynda.com iMovie 'll training, so for the purpose of this blog I have divided the sections into 3 parts each and will post respectively.

The first couple of sections of iMovie training is pretty elementary and benign... "welcome, make sure you have the latest updates, how to import video using devices I do not have nor ever will have again, blah, blah, blah." I'm somewhat familiar with the iMovie basics already and really thought that this first 1/3 of courses would be, frankly, an epic waste of time (as my 10 year old would say), but to my surprise, and may I say great pleasure, I was wrong.

The third section, titled "Understanding the Interface" proved invaluable, hiding several little tips and gems that promise to improve my efficiency exponentially.

This third section was helpful in giving key terms, showing how to switch project and events pane to create larger working area, and how to mute audio while skimming a project (something I find highly useful as it annoys me to no end when I'm trying to precisely split clips and have to hear the same bits of audio over and over and over and over and over...you get my drift). ;-)


Another feature of iMovie which may not save time, but definitely reduces anxiety, is its "auto save" feature. Any time the creator makes a change to the project, iMovie detects that change and saves it immediately, while also preserving the original footage, so there is no reason to have that "oh sh*t, what did I just do" moment. Making creation a "risk free" process. Yay!

Alright, so that's it for this post. Follow me to the next one, I'm sure it just gets better from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment